My Website

To order any of Keith K. L. Belvin's Books go to www.Bravinpublishing.com

Sunday, June 17, 2018

A Father's Day Poem. I may not be Superman, but I’m Dad. by Keith K. L. Belvin

Every father in the world must try their best to be themselves and not a superhero. By doing so, their children will lift them up on their own. I've lost so much creating lives I couldn’t take care of. 

I beg every man who reads this poem, if you have breath in your body, there is still time to change your situation with your kids and become their hero. 
It’s greater to have heard them say, “I love you,” one day than go a lifetime wondering if they did.


I am flawed, not perfect, my strength is average, but my heart is big.
I haven’t been to every match, game, or event.  My soul was there when I thought of your performance. I did love your mother then, but parenting doesn’t require a loving union, just a respectful one.

I may not be Superman, but I’m Dad.

As you grow, discontent; confusion, anger, and despair might try to set in. My arms, eyes, and ears are open, and I am here for you when you’re ready. The Cosby’s are real, and you could become Theo or Vanessa.
However, I am not Cliff Huxtable, so our problems won’t end in an hour with a poignant lecture and a smile.

I may not be Superman, but I’m Dad.

You’re neither the only one I have nor the only one I love.
But, I had no one to show me or tell me a father is more than a bedfellow.  Your desires are significant, and your dreams even more significant.  My prayers are higher than both since I know who and what I don’t want you to become.

I may not be Superman, but I’m Dad.

You will hear so much about me from so many sources. Our time together should heal some of the wounds they open and keep open.
Leave your faith in God; He blessed you with life.  I pray one day we’ll sit, and I’ll try to explain, 

I may not be Superman, but I’m Dad.

Keith K. L. Belvin
Please check out our GO FUND ME for my family. 
gf.me/u/i95i79



To contact me to set up Counseling Sessions, Interviews, Panel Discussions, or Speaking Engagements call my Office voicemail / Counseling and Prayer request: 
(347) 921-0443 or 
via
Email: KeithBelvin@BravinPublishing.com

For Publishing or literary services contact my Publishing company,
our website is
where you can purchase his books or secure the literary services his company provides.

You can check me our on Social Media
IG - @Keith K. L. Belvin


Here are the words from someone I had the pleasure of working with;

Joyce A. Graham said:
After my daughter passed away, I had all but given up on writing ever again. Her death devastated me and I just didn’t have the motivation or the inclination to ever pen another book. When I awakened this morning, I stumbled upon a blog from Keith. I was only going to listen for a little while, intending to only get the essence of what he was trying to convey. I could not stop listening! As I continued to listen to the information he shared regarding writing, I could sense that he was authentic and transparent. He demonstrated a genuine concern for other writers in addition to a strong sense of ethical responsibility. Right away, I sensed the spirit of the Lord saying, “This is the person who I have ordained to help you.” I called him immediately. After speaking with him for a few minutes, I was convinced that he did not view his publishing company as merely a business, with nothing driving it but dollar signs, philosophy, methods, and skill; it was a MINISTRY. But because I was still struggling, I felt very vulnerable and extremely skeptical. But Keith did not relate to me from a position of authority, superiority, or pressure. He listened, encouraged, and ministered to me. I am so looking forward to working with him! More importantly, I am excited about writing again!
My latest book available at www.Bravinpublishing.com 




No comments: